D.I.Y Non-Greasy Hydrating Body Butter
I enjoy using body butters but I have always struggled with greasy, drying and irritating formulas. Due to having sensitive skin, I avoid formulas that contain fragrance and alcohol. I have always made my own body butter but never been able to perfect it by achieving a lightweight, fluffy, non-greasy formula...until now. My husband and I have been testing out this formula for over a week now, he normally uses Palmer's cocoa butter but he has been using this instead and really likes it. He hasn't picked up his usual moisturiser since, which is good proof of how great this body butter is.
1/2 cup Shea Butter
100ml Aloe Vera gel
5 drops Tea Tree essential oil
1 tbsp Marula oil (optional)
1 tbsp Hyaluronic acid serum (optional)
1 tbsp Almond oil
1 tbsp Grapeseed oil
10 drops Vanilla essential oil
YOU WILL NEED:
1 mixing bowl
1. Scoop shea butter into bowl.
2. Fill pot halfway with water and heat up stove until hot.
3. Place bowl inside pot to create double boiler.
4. When shea butter is melted remove bowl from heat.
5. Add all oils and whisk until smooth.
6. Add aloe vera gel, hyaluronic acid serum and essential oils, whisk until fluffy.
7. Scoop mixture into jar
8. Store in a cool, dry place.
Enjoy! Comment below if you try this recipe.