6 Vitamins that your body needs!
In today's post I want to talk about the 6 main vitamins that our bodies need. Two are water soluble (vitamins B & C) while the others are fat soluble (vitamins D,A,E,K).
Water soluble vitamins can be dissolved in water while fat soluble vitamins can dissolve in fats and oils.
1. Vitamin A (fat soluble) contributes to the normal eye health, skin and function of the immune system.
Sources of Vitamin A: beta-carotene foods such as yellow, red, green (leafy) foods.
2. Vitamin B (water soluble) contributes to increasing energy, digestion and relieving stress.
Sources of Vitamin B: vitamin B12 - can only be found in animal foods. However vitamin B-complex can be found in leafy green vegetables.
3. Vitamin C (water soluble) contributes to normal function of the immune system, helps with post-exercise soreness and collagen in the skin.
Sources of Vitamin C: fruits and vegetables.
4. Vitamin D (fat soluble) contributes to bone/teeth health, increases mood and normal function of the immune system.
Sources of Vitamin D: our bodies makes this from sunlight but can also be found in fatty fish, eggs and dairy/dairy alternatives.
5. Vitamin E (fat soluble) helps to lessen the effects of menopause, decreases wrinkles and reduces blood pressure.
Sources of Vitamin E: vegetables oils, nuts, seeds and leafy green vegetables.
6. Vitamin K (fat soluble) helps fractures, osteoporosis and reduces blood clotting.
Sources of Vitamin K: green leafy vegetables, fish, liver, meat, eggs.
Vitamin A - https://amzn.to/2JDmG5x
Vitamin B - https://amzn.to/2D1p5Wz
Vitamin C - https://amzn.to/2znNDFI
Vitamin D - https://amzn.to/2OmH3Vq
Vitamin E - https://amzn.to/2D0Punh
Vitamin K - https://amzn.to/2zvYXj0